Kailey Heintz has been tackling this whole working from home with an infant for quite some time, long before this Coronavirus pandemic surged into our lives. She’s even become more productive working there than she ever has before. Here are some of her great tips to help you get through your day!
- Designate a spot to set up shop. Show the kids that this is an area where you need to tackle some work if they are old enough and put some time parameters on when they can come chat with you.
- Consider light and avoid areas that are incredibly distracting of household chores, kids, social media, etc.
- Get your kids set up first and have their needs met. Create a plan of what is happening that day. Schedule some together time, outside time, and a spot where you both can get a little exercise in. You are not going to get anything done if this doesn’t happen first.
- If you have infants, tackle the phone calls and emails during nap time or grab them their snack when you need to dive into some reading.
- Take a moment to do some breathing, and don’t be so hard on yourself or your kids. The work will get done, but it might not be on your rigid timetable. This is uncharted territory right now, and we are all in this together!